Edmentum is committed to making it easier for educators to individualize learning for every student through simple technology, high-quality content, actionable data, and customer success. Founded in innovation, Edmentum's powerful learning solutions blend technology with individual teaching approaches. We are dedicated to being educators' most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs. Our commitment is built off the emphasis we place on our core values: passion, people, respect, collaboration, and performance.
The Inside Sales Associate is responsible for qualifying prospective customer leads and sourcing new leads through outbound prospecting efforts. This role will include taking a consultative approach speaking to educators and administrators about their needs, challenges, budgets, timeline, etc and how Edmentum's online e-learning solutions and services can align to their goals and initiatives. The Inside Sales Associate will be connecting these leads with their sales partners to continue supporting them through their decision making process, but will also own and nurture leads that fall within the team's parameters of ownership. The Inside Sales Associate is expected to consistently meet weekly and quarterly goals, as well as accurately notate activities in Salesforce.com in a concise and comprehendible manner. This position will cover the territory of DE, GA, NC, ND and SD. Hours are 7:00am-3:30pm.
Here is what you'll do:
* Maintain an \"Educator First\" mindset in all that you do
* Effectively generate and qualify prospective customers through outbound & inbound calling, follow up on internet leads and email campaigning
* Own and nurture sales opportunities start to finish that fall within the team's parameters of ownership
* Introduce and demonstrate the value of Edmentum's e-solutions and solutions
* Pursue and qualify leads through outbound efforts
* Partner with manager and sales teams to create prospect lists; propose strategies to attract new business
* Conduct research on organizations and contacts to help drive new leads and sales opportunities.
* Manage a lead prospecting pipeline and maintain accurate information about prospects and their organizations
* Uncover needs and determine, in consultation with the prospect, the best solutions for each account; complete initial needs analysis
* Demonstrate a willingness to make outbound cold calls and send follow up emails.
* Maintain a structured work day
* Utilize exceptional time management skills and attention to detail
* Maintain strong customer relationships with our customer base of educators, administrators and parents
* Utilize Salesforce.com to accurately and effectively track activity; and update lead, account, and opportunity information
* Ensure that Salesforce.com reports are monitored daily to ensure goal tracking
* Accurately and effectively communicate prequalification, contact, and account information to sales representatives
Here is what you'll need:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Experience in a sales, demand, or lead generation type role
* Experience in a customer focused, account management, revenue driven environment
* Experience with Salesforce.com or equivalent CRM solution
* Experience with business software applications including MS Outlook and virtual communication tools
* Be goal and results oriented
* Ability to set and manage goals
* Self-starter mentality
* Professional and friendly phone demeanor
* Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
* Capacity to absorb information and program details quickly
* Ability to maintain strong product/solution knowledge at all times
* Coachable with a willingness to learn and take direction
* Ability to build and maintain cross-departmental, multi-functional and collaborative relationships
* Less than 5% travel
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: club, dealer, disney, inbound, inside sales representative, marketing, outbound, sales representative, telephone, telesales